Thursday 12 August 2010

Big Venue Little Help

So I'm at some hotshot big-ass venue that thinks it's the reason the Fringe exists and I wanna go see a show. Now you may not know this but sometimes I use crutches just for a change. All mermaids have good upper arm strength so it aint no biggie.

So me and my pal we hop up to a little techie fella to walk us to the lift. So far so standard. But before we got in the lift the guy tells us it aint been working properly all day. Thanks for warning us before we set out, I think, oh and thanks for calling a guy in to fix it!

Anyway we get in and we should be going up but instead it goes down to the dusty ole staff-only basement. Doors open and the techie fella panics and says "it's being filmed! We can't be late can you take the stairs instead?" But now that I'm down on the basement I'd have to deal with three flights so that's even more than before! And another thing,it wasn't even going out live, so why the rush?! Personally I don't give a seal's arse about television but here in fringe land if something's being filmed it seems you gotta break your back to accommodate it.

Luckily I'm 275 years old so I aint gonna bow to pressure. I put my tail down and insist we wait for the lift to work and in a minute or so it does. But if I was a young fish I might have felt pressured. And that aint in the spirit of the Fringe....is it?

1 comment:

  1. awesome show on thursday night ariel. you haven't lost it yet you old fishy trouper. phil the rugby fan.

    ReplyDelete